Matariki Festival 2021
MATARIKI FESTIVAL 2021
Matariki rises on 2 July 2021.
SCHOOL HOLIDAY ACTIVITIES
During the July school holidays, different organisations around Dargaville will be hosting activities and events from 10-25 July. These events and activities will be listed here prior to 10th July.
MATARIKI FESTIVAL 2021
A Matariki Festival is being held on Saturday 24 July 2021 at 5pm to 7pm in the Riverside Gardens and in front of the Northern Wairoa Boating Club in Totara Street, Dargaville. The festival will include performances, markets, illuminations created by local artists and a Lantern Parade for children who have made lanterns during the school holiday activities.
LIGHT UP YOUR HOUSE AND GARDEN
Decorate your house and garden with lights and illuminations to celebrate Matariki and participate in the Matariki Festival 2021. Decorations to be shining for the month of July - from Matariki to the Matariki Festival. Register for free and go on the list of gardens to admire at email@example.com and be in to win a prize. Judging will take place on the weekend of 17 / 18 July. Prizes and winning criteria from local businesses coming soon!
Don't feel as though you have to compete. If you wish to put up a few lights in your corner of Dargaville, or a full front yard, everyone is welcome to get involved.
Terms and conditions:
- To celebrate the Matariki star cluster.
- Your health & safety is very important so ensure that you are working from a solid surface when installing your illuminations.
- The health & safety of the your family and pets are also important so ensure that your illuminations are electrically certified and there are no trip or other hazards once installed.
- To be in to win a prize for your house and gardens illuminations be sure to register before 16th July at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Judging will be undertaken by a panel of independent judges and the dercision of the judging panel will be final and no written or verbal will be entered into.
We are requesting local artists to create an illumination for a static display to be held in the Riverside Gardens during the evening Matariki Festival on 24th July 2021.
- There is no power supply available so all structures must be self-powered.
- There are to be no naked flames on or in the structure.
- Illuminations are to be installed on the afternoon of 24th July and removed after the event.
- No responsibility will be taken by the organising committee or the Riverside Gardens Trust should any damage occur to your illumination but all possible care within the control of the organising committee and the Riverside Gardens Trust will be taken.
- Complete an Expression of Interest form by clicking on the words in the side panel.